(Note: Instructions are in bold in the middle of this page.)
MANY folks, near and far, members and friends, support the creative ministries of the First Presbyterian Church of Bowling Green. We are now pleased to offer Online Giving to give all our supporters an easy way to say “YES!” to this unique church. You’ll see the new “Donate” button at the bottom of this page. If you are new to the world of online giving, you may wish to make a token donation just to see how it works – feel free! If you have any questions, call or email the church office. This is an easy opportunity for you to show your support for:
- The work and worship of the First Presbyterian Church of Bowling Green which seeks to reach out to the world around it with the good news of God’s love, expressed through the life of Jesus Christ. Our church is made up of people of all ages and walks of life, uniting us in a common ministry of service and justice.
- Our “Inclusion” ministry, in which we live out our motto “Christ Welcomes All Here” by affirming and richly welcoming all God’s children, of all ages and orientations, and raise new generations to claim these values.
- The Deacons Shop, in which our volunteers receive and sort used clothing from BG residents so that neighbors in need may “shop,” no questions asked.
- La Conexion de Wood County, a broad-based Latino support group, to whom we provide space for English as a Second Language classes and child tutoring.
- The distinctive music program of our church, with our bridge to the BGSU College of Musical Arts, for whose students we provide stipends and a church home.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (2 groups) and Narcotics Anonymous, through which we host some 150 people weekly in life-level, life-changing fellowship and support.
- The Wood Country District Alternative High School, which we house for teens who have not succeeded in a traditional school but wish to learn.
- This historic downtown structure, an architectural marvel always ready to open its arms to care and share with the people of Bowling Green.
As you use the “Donate” button, you’ll be able to write a little message about your purposes (using the “special instructions to seller” space after you have entered your credit card inforrmation). Feel free to indicate any of these ministries that holds a special place in your heart, or another not listed, or any other specific purpose for your gift such as a memorial or honor gift.
Giving online through PayPal is fast and secure and you don't even need to have a PayPal account to use the service to make single, one-time donations. If you don't have an account:
If you already have a PayPal account, simply log in as usual.
- Click the “donate” button.
- At this screen enter the dollar figure you wish to donate, then click the word “continue” near the middle of the page.
- At this new screen, enter your name, contact info, and credit or debit card information. Then click “review donation” which is near the bottom of the screen.
- At this last screen, you can ‘add special instructions to the seller” (aka… church). Here you can say what your donation supports, including, but not limited to, the options discussed above. Then click “donate” at the bottom.
**Note, setting up recurring payments DOES require you to have a PayPal account but rest assured it is simple to do!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why has the church started accepting online gifts?
This system is intended to make it more convenient for anyone to send their tithes and offerings to the church. Online giving provides a way to strengthen your faithfulness and is a way to help you become disciplined about regular giving. Also, many today do not carry cash or a checkbook with them.
How secure is online giving/payments?
PayPal is a secure way to make a payment with your credit/debit card or bank account information because this information is only processed on PayPal's secure system. The church never sees or has access to your credit/debit card or bank account information.
Will I see my online gifts on my year end statement?
Yes - any gifts sent through the PayPal system will be recorded in the same way your weekly envelopes are recorded.
Is this service only for members of the church?
No - anyone may use this service to give to the church. In fact, we know of many people that have asked how to send donations that do not live in BG.
Is there any charge or fee for me to use this service?
No. You select the dollar amount for your gift. That is the amount that will be charged and your entire donation is tax deductible. Transaction fees (2.2% plus 30 cents per transaction) are absorbed by the church so it costs you nothing to use this secure service. Of course, you can always add a few dollars to your gift to cover these expenses.
I don't know much about PayPal, do I have to have an account to use it?
There is no need to sign up for an account for the one-time donation option. If you want to set up a recurring donation, then you need to sign up for a PayPal account of your own.